19. JAN 2024
3 Team - Challenge
The START will take place together with the Schattberg Race - the ROUTE is identical to the marathon distance and the sections for 3 athletes are divided as follows >> Athlete A - approx. 1,150 HM (red) / Athlete B - approx. 950 HM (yellow) / Athlete C - approx. 910 HM (green).
We recommend the use of the Time2win-APP - for the localisation of the respective team athlete on the course and for optimal preparation & timing in the transition area!
For more than a quarter of a century we are still looking for new ideas and implementations. In the first years there were „only“ the MARATHON and the TOUR, in 2011 a pure vertical race was added with the SCHATTBERG Race. In 2022 two new categories celebrated their premiere with the JUNIOR SPRINT and the Salzburger Landesmeisterschaften. We are very happy to announce that for the first time there will be a relay competition at the 26th Hervis Mountain Attack!
The competition is aimed primarily at ambitious amateur athletes who have always wanted to tackle the MARATHON course of the Attack and can now tackle the race together. Here the course of the relay in detail:
1. No matter if women, men or mixed - you register as a relay of 3 and pick up your start number + chip & start gift on race day at the Hervis store in Saalbach.
2. You decide in advance who wants to complete which part of the course (athlete A - athlete B - athlete C).
3. The start will take place together with the Schattberg Race (16:05). Athlete A will climb the Schattberg, go to the Westgipfel and ski the downhill to Checkpoint 2 Hinterglemm (transition zone 1).
4. Meanwhile athlete B and athlete C will drive with their car to Hinterglemm to the parking lot of the Zwölferkogel.
5. Athlete A hands over the CHIP to athlete B in the transition zone, who then climbs to the Zwölferkogel and descends to the Hochalm.
6. Meanwhile athlete C + athlete A drive together by car to the parking lot of the Hochalmbahn.
7. Here, in transition zone 2, athlete B will again hand over the CHIP to athlete C, who will then tackle the rest of the course via Hochalm, Hasenauer Köpfl, Reiterkogel and the Bernkogel in the ascent, as well as the descent to the finish in Saalbach.
8. In the meantime, athlete A + athlete B drive back to Saalbach by car and await athlete C‘s arrival at the finishline.